Wednesday, October 28, 2009

It's the little things


It isn't completely rational to celebrate the arrival of a new trash cart/can. I get that. But yesterday, after a tense 45 minute commute home, past the ends of the earth, I turned the corner into my subdivision. And then I saw it...bright, shining, brilliant blue and fresh from whereever they make these sort of things...my new trash can! I was unreasonably pleased, light-hearted even.  So I took a picture of it. To share with you. So that you could also experience my joy.

And then I took a picture of the new character lines on my bumper. And tested my converting capability (now that there's a 24-hour pause in the buckets of rain) and everything still works, so that was good too.

The good news of my trash can delivery filled me with such energy that I cooked (even using the term loosely, it's a rare event), washed dishes, did some laundry, filled up my new blue can, and Took Out The Trash (you have to sing that last part but you can pick whatever tune you like).

And I was so rattled yesterday that I forgot to mention that, while I was crafting the tote for Jean, I was struck with an epiphany for Christmas. I can stick with my modified handmade plan and I really liked my idea for the non-handmade piece too. I wanted to chortle, but I forgot, so I thought I'd do it today.

Now, all I have to do is wait until the last minute, run out of time for my brilliant plan, come up with a much less satisfactory Plan B, and execute it less than perfectly...and I'll be ready to celebrate Christmas!

No comments: