Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Seen at market



Since I can't take photos today, there shall be no knitting update. I think that's a probably a good thing anyway.

Instead, I'm going to post what I've been trying to explain over and over for days now.

Quaker samplers...there were a bunch of them at the Nashville Needlework Market. And I love samplers. This is a version of a Quaker sampler called Joy by Praiseworthy Stitches. It's a little different...2 colors, the word worked in, but it does show the kinds of motifs/medallions I was trying to explain and how they are cut off to make a straight edge.



Samplers with a pop of color. Lots of what we saw was a single color. Prairie Moon had two like this one with a great second color. It takes a lot to stand out in my hazy memory of a long day in a parade of hotel rooms (that sounds so exciting, doesn't it?!), but these I remember. Also from Prairie Moon is the Crypt Club.

I've been explaining it and I just get puzzled looks. It really doesn't seem that hard to understand...a Christmas portrait for skeletons with a skeleton tree and a skeleton dog wearing a hat. Seriously, I thought I was doing a pretty good job but maybe some things you need a picture to understand.

No comments: