Thursday, March 25, 2010

Lured in by Netflix again...and Colin Firth


So if you'd like, you can blame this post on the attempt to have a perfect record this week: a full week of random, unrelated posts that have nothing to do with anything except the spot I'm wearing on the couch. My denim couch really looks a little like a nest now with all the necessities gathered around. If I could just move it into the kitchen, I'd never get up.

Today I'm offering you a cautionary tale: Netflix + Colin Firth = iffy proposition in the case of St. Trinian's. Based on the stars, Colin Firth and Rupert Everett (in a dress), I put it in the queue and then I neglected the queue. This movie is based on a series of British movies that were based on original cartoons of the 1940s and it centers around a girl's school filled with delinquents. Firth is the bad man prepared to close the place, Everett is the headmistress, and the girls plan a heist to save the place. The highlights include plenty of inside jokes: Hogwarts, Pride and Prejudice, Firth's Mr. Darcy and the wet shirt scene in P&P (yeah, Mr. Darcy with a sense of humor!).

But that's it. I'm not sure you should rent it, even if you love all things British and Firthian. Still, that's a decision you'll just have to make. My next movie...Have You Heard About the Morgans? Yes, with Mr. Hugh Grant. If  you analyze my queue, you will see a pattern of movie choices made on the leading men and the possibility of either guffaws or high-speed car chases. I have very high brow tastes.

No comments: