Monday, March 01, 2010

A single sock.

So I did manage to finish the first sock. I tried it on and it fits perfectly. I always consider this a miracle because I hardly ever knit the instructions completely. It says to knit six rounds and I get tired after four and decide to go ahead and decrease. Apparently there's enough stretch in sock yarn to make this work anyway.

And the stack of needles shows that I not only managed to cast on, but I also managed to complete the 12 rows of ribbing for the second sock. It's not a complete pair of socks in the amount of time it takes to play an Olympics, but I did learn something really important: it takes approximately 17 days for me to get into anything. I'll have to remember that the next time something like this rolls around.

If all the tweets reflect progress, I believe the Yarn Harlot finished her sweater or came so close to it that it should count...a sweater in 17 days. And not just any sweater, a truly Canadian sweater worthy of gold. You should check out her progress.

No comments: