Friday, May 28, 2010

A survivor

I've been moaning about how bad my yard looks around here at work. It's easier to moan than to actually do the work to make it better, don't you know. (Have you heard? I. HATE. YARD. WORK. SERIOUSLY.)

The one bright spot is the hydrangea. It must be planted in exactly the right spot. The original bush comes from my grandmother's house so it's probably hardy (but so were all the other things that I put in the ground that just croaked immediately).

This hydrangea makes me happy.

I cross my fingers and hope that it stays happy where it is because I think only magic is keeping it alive. I certainly can't be depended on to help!

Happy Memorial Day!

1 comment:

pat sloan said...

my grandmother had those too and I can NOT get one to bloom.. been trying for 30 yrs!