Monday, July 19, 2010

Stream of consciousness, mostly


Before I forget, this image came from http://scrapbookuniversity.blogspot.com/. And I will forget. It's a theme with me lately. That and obsessive-compulsive checking of plugged-in things. I'm not sure how the two are tied together but I suspect they are. I blame travel.

I wonder if I remembered to put the garage door down this morning? Never mind.

What's up on the blog? Not much because here's what I'm spending my free time doing:
1. Hunting high and low, hither and yon, for large lady clothes that do not look large lady-ish and/or do not cost a large fortune which I do not have. And also, I had to buy shorts. I shouldn't be wearing shorts out in public as the glare from my pasty white knees can blind if the sun hits them right, but it's Florida, man. I gotta wear shorts.

2. Once I spent a modest fortune on unrelated separates which will never work in combination with anything but black pants because that's how I dress myself, I decided that what I really need is better accessories.

I used to enjoy shopping. Somewhere, that went away. Now I only want a bookstore and books and good air conditioning.

3. And just to liven things up, this weekend I vacuumed up enough dog hair to fully clothe another large-size dog. And Darcy's still wearing a full coat. I'm thinking of getting her a hair cut. The high's supposed to be 100 on Thursday. I think she might thank me for it.

Next up: an investigation of self-tanners. I expect this to go horribly, horribly wrong but I feel I owe it to the citizens of Florida and those of the world visiting to prevent permanent damage to vision.

Oh, yeah and I just spent long seconds paused in a conversation with a coworker trying to come up with the word "discipline" and I think that says a lot about me.

No comments: