Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Banned books

So I do my best to avoid anything that might look like I have a political opinion. It isn't that I don't have them. It's that I'm not consistently this way or that and would rather talk about pop culture and Dancing with the Stars anyway.

But...
I've already made the mistake of telling you this week that I read banned books. I'm not sure what you think of me now, but that there Harry Potter tops the ALA list for the decade of banned books.

And it's Banned Books week. I feel like such a rebel.

Click here to see the top 100 for the decade. There's probably no hope for me. I've already read a bunch of 'em.
I feel slightly dangerous.



1. Harry Potter (series), by J.K. Rowling 
2. Alice series, by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor 
3. The Chocolate War, by Robert Cormier 
4. And Tango Makes Three, by Justin Richardson/Peter Parnell 
5. Of Mice and Men, by John Steinbeck 
6. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, by Maya Angelou 
7. Scary Stories (series), by Alvin Schwartz 
8. His Dark Materials (series), by Philip Pullman 
9. ttyl; ttfn; l8r g8r (series), by Myracle, Lauren 
10. The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky 
11. Fallen Angels, by Walter Dean Myers 
12. It’s Perfectly Normal, by Robie Harris 
13. Captain Underpants (series), by Dav Pilkey 
14. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, by Mark Twain 
15. The Bluest Eye, by Toni Morrison 
16. Forever, by Judy Blume 
17. The Color Purple, by Alice Walker 
18. Go Ask Alice, by Anonymous 
19. Catcher in the Rye, by J.D. Salinger 
20. King and King, by Linda de Haan 
21. To Kill A Mockingbird, by Harper Lee 
22. Gossip Girl (series), by Cecily von Ziegesar 
23. The Giver, by Lois Lowry 
24. In the Night Kitchen, by Maurice Sendak 
25. Killing Mr. Griffen, by Lois Duncan

1 comment:

DawnMarie said...

If it's any consolation Cheryl, I've read most of them too. Now off to check up on the ones I have not read........yet :)