Monday, September 27, 2010

Calling the Hogs

If you heard something that sounded like "wooo pig sooie" on Saturday, that was more than 72,000 people calling the Hogs in Fayetteville.

I wasn't one of them, but I did watch it on television. I have now completed my mandatory service of watching at least one college football game each season as required by law, ethics, and sound moral judgement.

I think it's a requirement for citizenship in Arkansas. Or Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, and Tennessee.

And it was a heartbreaking loss. Or it would have been if I had been born with the football gene. I was not. It's OK. I get by without it. I did manage to either "eek" in excitement or "fah" in disgust loud enough to wake up the dog. I think that means I did my part.

And I made a pot of chili because the two go together. Is almost 80 degrees really chili weather? No, but it's so much closer than we have been that I decided to go with it. It's been a long, hot, humid, miserable summer and being able to step outside without feeling the prickles on my skin of the fiery rays of the death star called the sun is reason to celebrate in my book. I hate summer. Can you tell?

Someday I'm going to make good on my threat to move to the North Pole, but I have to check the satellite reception. I have to watch that one football game so I can maintain my citizenship.

No comments: