Friday, October 29, 2010

Bookless

So it isn't that I don't have any books. That would be a crisis. No, that would be a CRISIS!!! But I am about to step into an airport and be away from home for a few days so I need a book, a good book, a book I know I will like and not be dissatisfied with immediately because there is no next book on the stack when I'm in a hotel and not at home.
Right?

When Mockingjay came out (the third in this series), I heard a lot of buzz. I could maybe try the first one if I could find it at my liberry.

I'm also seeing many tweets about Rick Riordan's latest, he of the Percy Jackson books. I've only read the first one. And didn't really love it but desperate times and desperate measures and all that.

Or maybe I could try a grown up book. That could be cool. I finished Nora Roberts' The Search last week, loaned to me by Sheila who had first read it and cleared it for my consumption. It features search and rescue dogs prominently and we all know I don't read those until someone tells me it's OK to do so. And it is. No dogs were harmed in the writing of the novel.

Anybody have a recommendation? I looked at The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo but it felt tiresome so I didn't pick it up. Maybe I could pick through my haul from this summer's convention. It's just that my happiness in airports seems to require new books...

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I just finished The Forgotten Garden by Kate Norton...wonderful book...

http://www.amazon.com/Forgotten-Garden-Novel-Kate-Morton/dp/1416550550/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1288374266&sr=1-1

hope that link works...