Monday, October 25, 2010

Last minute, that's me

It's Quilt Market time, y'all.

Have you packed yet?
Fewer and fewer people ask me that. The reason: the answer is always "No" unless it is actually the night before the plane takes off. And sometimes the morning of, although I believe I learned my lesson that time I overslept before the Knit Out trip. Maybe.

Why?
1. I'm probably still washing laundry.
2. Or performing last-ditch dog hair removal on all flat and low surfaces.
3. Or randomly grabbing my dog and kissing her face which she tolerates. I'm almost sure I miss her more than she misses me, but on the off chance that I'm wrong, I figure if I annoy her enough, she might actually appreciate the solitude for a bit.
4. Also, I still have to wear the pants I'm planning to pack because I still have to go in to work and they frown on sweatpants as a normal course of business. My life would be so much easier if this were not the case. Or maybe, if I had more pants.
5. This time, I don't have a suitcase. Mine gave up its shape and form on the way back from Orlando. Luckily, it's a short trip with a direct flight so the tote I will take may not give me a coronary event as did the trip to Minneapolis.
6. I don't feel the pressure until the last minute. And apparently it takes the threat to make me do the preparation.

I'm OK with that.

No comments: