Thursday, November 04, 2010

Name dropping

I've told my friend Pat Sloan that I drop her name into the conversation any time I need to draw on a famous connection. That's who I am...a name dropper. I'm OK with that.

While we were at Quilt Market, I crashed a party given by Drew Emborsky, the Crochet Dude. He was celebrating his new line of crochet tools with Boye and we also have some books, the latest is Crochet It, Love It, Wear It. It's the first time I've ever been to a cocktail party. Also the first time I've ever crashed (although I came with someone who was invited and was critical to the success of her arrival. Or at least my iPhone was. I heart iPhone. I really do. So maybe I didn't technically crash it. It just sounds so much cooler if I say I did, so let's go with that.) It was the first time I met Brett Bara, host of Knit and Crochet Now on PBS, blogger at The Manhattan Craft Room and Design*Sponge.

And it was the first time I saw an actual jello mold, live and in person. We didn't have these at my house. But it was pretty cool. And who doesn't love jello? Brett has a tutorial up here if you're interested in creating your own. The picture is from her Twitter feed (because I am also an excellent cyber follower. Stalker sounds kinda harsh, you know?)


And this is what my expenses look like...a hotel printout, a Super Shuttle printout, and a whole bunch of wadded up receipts for $3 muffins and $7 baked potatoes. I am a big spender that way.

Wouldn't it be great to be organized?
If you are, you'll have to let me know how that works for you.

No comments: