Monday, April 25, 2011

Two thumbs up

"When God couldn't save The King, The Queen turned to someone who could."

So I don't often wait anxiously for intelligent movies to come out on DVD. If it has the feeling of historical accuracy, I can wait, maybe forever. But I do have a thing for Colin Firth. This weekend I watched The King's Speech and loved it. Of course, as I watched it, I compiled this list.
Dumbledore as King George V
Mr. Darcy as King George VI
That first guy that was killed in the Hurt Locker as the one who abdicated the throne to marry Wallis Simpson (who had very large hands and Nazi leanings...thank you, Miss Holliday on Glee)
Bellatrix Lestrange as the queen
Barbossa the pirate as the speech guy
Miss Elizabeth Bennet as his wife
Wormtail as Churchill
Mr. Collins as the theatre guy...

Who'd I miss? Yeah, okay, so that says more about my normal movie watching habits, doesn't it? I enjoyed it very much. Who knew these award winners could also be good movies??

No comments: