Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Update on Darcy

The place in her liver is cancer, a type that does not respond to chemotherapy and is aggressive. There's nothing to do but make her comfortable.

My heart breaks.

If you pray, pray for wisdom for me and mercy for her. If you don't pray, maybe you'd consider a special one just for me. She's a dog but she's really important to me for one zillion reasons. And I really hate cancer.

You should also plan to tiptoe around the basketcase (that would be me).

2 comments:

Regina said...

Oh Cheryl - I was hoping against hope that it would not be so. My heart breaks for you! She's surrounded by love -that's for sure. Big loving hugs to you both... and I am sure even my Maggie kitty sends some calming purrs... even though dogs are not her thing.

JustCindy said...

Cheryl, I'm so sorry. Of course, I have said a prayer for you and Darcy. Enjoy what time you have left with Darcy and make many more special memories.