Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Nurse Wretched

It has been a long, long, long weekend and not in a good way. Jack had his special boy surgery Friday and we've been battling since. Sure, it's good for him but it's been what you might call a strain on the relationship.

I'm tired of giving pills to dogs, people. And he is clearly fed up with taking them.

Things I can let go: jumping on the counter and knocking down the curtains, dragging my clothes out into the living room, chewing on my shoes, red paw prints all over my light carpet, holes dug in my back yard which lead to red paw prints on my light carpet, and barking all night long at a threat I cannot see. The pills were the straw, the final one.

Other than one terrible moment where I nearly pulled his tiny head from his skinny neck and instead, locked myself away for a little timeout including some angry tears and gnashing of teeth, he's been a fairly happy boy, even in the collar.

I'm sorta glad to be back at work today. Apparently it is possible to have too much togetherness even with a funny dog with a sweet face.

Both the photo and the video were taken yesterday after the Terrible Moment. Thought you might need some proof of life.




1 comment:

JustCindy said...

So is Jack taking his frustration out on his bed or did he want to be closer to the TV?