Thursday, June 09, 2011

The Beast

When I got home yesterday, I found evidence. It looked like this:
At first glance, it appears to be a pair of shoes in different states of destruction but it is really two left shoes. That means that I'm down not one but TWO pairs of black shoes, the shoes that I frequently wear to work.

Were they on the floor? No. Were they where they should be? No. They were on top of a chest of drawers, between 4 and 5 feet off the the floor. This dog has some serious vertical ability. Now they are dead.

Is Jack still breathing? Yes. This is not my first round of shoe loss. The World's Best Dog once destroyed left shoes like this but managed to grow out of it. I have hopes that Jack will as well.

But I miss Darcy.
And I need some new shoes.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

wow...i hope he doesn't have a tummy ache...the one on the right seems to be missing all of it's upper parts...

we finally got a dog that doesn't chew anything!! Not sure how we managed that, but it's nice not to have to put everything up...

Cheryl said...

Nancy, it' okay. I don't think he actually ate any of the pieces he pulled off. There are tiny, tiny chunks of leather and whatever else it is that goes into shoes all over my house.