Saturday, July 09, 2011

Day 3: a Daniel Radcliffe kinda day

 I can't remember if I have confessed here my love for musicals but I do know I've admitted my deep and profound love for Howard Keel so I think I must.

On Day 3, I started out at Harry Potter: the Exhibition (click for photos), just right around the corner (44th street) from the hotel. Hagrid's hut, the great hall, the Gryffindor boys dorm room, costumes, props, screaming mandrakes, and a sorting ceremony...everything the Potter geek needs to just wriggle with excitement. Believe me, I know. Fun like the theme park but without the threat of imminent heat stroke. And seriously, it was all I could do not to touch...I have no idea where this is traveling, but if you love the Potter, go.


Then I went to some workshops in the afternoon which was the reason I was in New York after all.




 And then I walked around the corner and down an avenue or two to the Al Hirschfield Theater to see How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying. I cannot put into words how much I loved it. This was another "no photos" situation, so I have the theater backdrop and a light. But check out the video below. It's long, a selection of bits and pieces but it does show the knitting, a lovely funny highlight.

While I was waiting I took this amazing picture of me leaning against the sign outside. It's the closest I'll make it to Daniel Radcliffe.


No comments: