Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Raindrops are actually falling on my head...

It's been a long, hot, dry, sunny, hot, dry, long, harsh summer. When there are clouds, it feels like a blessing. When there is actual rain, it's time to celebrate. When I heard thunder on Sunday, I ran to the window like I do in the winter to check on snow. And it poured. The hail was just a minor inconvenience for the wonderful soaking downpour that lasted hardly any time at all. I hauled my garbage can out to the curb this morning in tiny drops of rain. It was nice (well, as nice as dealing with a garbage can in the summertime can be). You might think after about day 10 of being 100+ degrees with a heat index of a kajillion, you'd just go head and get used to it. Nope. If you've been under the heat dome too, I hope you get rain.



1 comment:

JustCindy said...

I know you enjoyed the rain. I pray daily that it will rain on all that needs it.