Thursday, October 20, 2011

Hot Springs Bark Park

In the effort to give Jack some time off the leash, I took him to Hot Springs' dog park. It was Thursday afternoon. I expected it to be deserted and it almost was. The park is divided into two sections, one for large dogs and one for small dogs. I thought we would play ball. Jack was not interested. He wanted to sniff. He wanted to play with the other dogs. The dachshunds were aggressive, so I moved him over to the other side. And then after a Husky showed up and did his best to trample Jack in the dust, I moved him again.

This visit didn't quite go like I wanted but it seems like a pretty nice park. And it's situated next to a nice people park where you could probably walk on a leash. We went back to the lake, back to the whimpering or walking my legs off choice.

I dislike hills. That's all I have to say about that.

And Juile commented that Jack was lucky I picked him up. He was. There's no telling when another dog-crazy sucker like me would have come along. Still, we've had a pretty good time together since he showed up. Sometimes I wish he was more like Darcy, but sometimes I'm glad he's goofy. And I went back to the Little Rock Dog Training Center for another orientation for another class this week. Talking to Toby's mom sent cold chills down my spine. She rescued a dog. That was pregnant. With 13 puppies. Thirteen. 1-3. All of them healthy. And having to feed at 4 hour intervals. And all but 1 adopted. Now they have 6 dogs.
I try not to think about 13 puppies.

No comments: