Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Small-ish town Saturday afternoon

Saturday was Old Fashioned Day in our downtown. They closed off the streets in the square around the courthouse. There were crafts for sale. I parked a block away, wandered down the sidewalks, and bought nothing but a snowcone. I pondered the funnel cake but it was warm. A snowcone seemed a better match. I wandered back to this square with a fountain and flowers and sunshine and finished my snowcone.

Entertainment: Little Texas and Restless Heart. I skipped that but I was tempted. (I once had a hot burnin' thing for Little Texas and vividly remember seeing them at Fiesta Texas. God Blessed Texas...anyone?

There are some things I miss about living in what passes for big city living around here.

But this is nice.

1 comment:

JustCindy said...

I like town functions like that, you can see some interesting crafts and eat yummy foods.