Monday, October 30, 2006

Home Again



Coming home from Quilt Market feels good. I love to travel, but I also love to come home. Since this is where I keep my dog, I look forward to getting back. She survived the stay at Aunt Janie's house just fine. The same cannot be said of Janie's carpet. It appears to have a close encounter with buried dog food and now has a few spots to clean. Darcy may not be invited back.

Anyway, coming in to Little Rock reminds me of how nice it is to live here. Instead of seeing sky scrapers and interstates criss-crossing, you see this tiny little city with 4 or 5 big buildings and green. Green trees, green fields, lots of green. It's pretty. The airport is getting so much better. I was expecting to wait. And wait. (It's been a theme this trip.) But...my bag came shooting off first. First! I was the first to get my bag, quickly! Of course, it's one leg short now and will never stand on its own again, but it felt like a small sacrifice to pay to be the first out of the gate!

My favorite things about coming home: driving instead of walking everywhere, hot dog breath, and Diet Coke in a can. It all feels pretty good! And this morning, only 46 e-mails in my in-box. I must be living right!

No comments: