Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Pale is the new tan...

After (yes, still ghostly white):


Today's entry on Pat Sloan's blog is an encouragement to try something fun. Pat bought some groovy shiny sneakers. So, along that theme, I thought I'd post my fun for today. I got a new 'do last night! It makes me so happy! I've been wanting to do something, anything to end my string of bad hair days, weeks, months, but this summer I just didn't think I could take the time out from my "have to" life. Yesterday, I took the time, paid a zillion dollars, and it's very worth it. On my own, I thought it was a pretty OK look. Now, I think I might have "mad flava". Well, maybe not that great, but enough to stop people in their tracks. For me, that's some pretty "mad flava". (I must be listening to weird music or something, but I figure if it works for a Sonic commercial, I might be able to get away with it too. For defintions of "mad" and "flava", see below.)

Before:
The old look wasn't soooo bad, but just...old. Now I'm all red-ish/brown-ish/blond-ish like a nice fall landscape. Too bad I don't have a little tan on my skin to throw into the landscape. Unfortunately, I had to get the picture today, because I'm pretty sure this will never be as straight again. Oh, well! Now we have it forever.

Definitions from the Urban Dictionary:
Flava: Style. Pure and simple.
mad: Most predominantly used in the greater New York area, "mad" is an appropriate replacement for Northern California's "hella" and Boston's "wicked." In the common vernacular, it translates into "a lot" or "extremely." Can be used almost interchangeably with any of the above listed words.

No comments: