Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Doing the happy dance



I think this picture is perfect: Snoopy's happy dance also includes spirit fingers. I'm taking just a moment to savor the end of my MBA studies....ahhh. It feels good. Yesterday was a whirlwind of copying (Oh, wait, everybody bring 5 full copies of this monster paper tonight...except for you Zulu Dawn. You don't have to follow the rules) and going over, and over, and over the same 4 slides, trying to get under the 4 minute mark. In the end, I don't know if I did it, but it didn't seem to matter. I don't really like public speaking, but it isn't so bad when you're pushed to the edge and you just don't care any more. One of the board members told me that my pace was "perfect". That's pretty good for me. Any sort of attention makes me talk really fast. And a lot. And it might not make sense when I'm done. Of course, I also waved my pen too much. The questions were tough (thanks mainly to the dean who wasn't even on the "board of directors"), but I think we'll be happy with the grades. So, now, the next hurdle that I'll jump is the Johnson Christmas Extravaganza...and I'm starting from way behind so I have some catching up to do. I think slowing down might help the Christmas spirit catch me, but there's no time for that! Onward and upward!

P.S. I thought I'd include a photo of all my friends doing the happy dance along with me.

1 comment:

Lazy Girl said...

Cheryl,

Congratulations on this huge achievement! I've been rooting for you since I joined the journey in progress.

Good Job!

Joan