Thursday, December 21, 2006

Not-so-much-fun shopping

This morning I braved the near-crowd at Kroger to make my food purchases for the Christmas extravaganza. Then I had to come home and rest. I made a list from all my mom's recipes that I could find, and actually managed to find all of it, although cloves gave me a hard time. I, gulp, actually purchased my first turkey, too. Today, I've attempted to make pralines, and I think I may just have to face the fact that I'm too impatent to make candy.
My second attempt is OK, but I think I'll switch back to the fudge to give it another try. Then on to the sausage balls. These, at least I've made them before. I don't like grocery stores. I don't like cooking. I don't like cleaning. And I'm pretty sure I'm going to hate getting that turkey cooked. I feel my tenuous grip on a semi-happy holiday mood slipping. Must be time for more brown sugar. Yes, that's it. I definitely need to up my brown sugar intake.

No comments: