Tuesday, January 09, 2007

My next addiction


I was afraid that shoe shopping would be my next addiction. I think it might be yarn. This is especially funny to me because I just had a conversation with Joan "Lazy Girl who throws out bag challenges to unsuspecting, innocent bag fans who don't sew so good" Hawley where I said that yarn was an addiction that I'd managed to avoid. Until now. Yesterday, I became the Director of Knit and Crochet publications. Do I know how to knit or crochet? No. Can I learn? You betcha...I think. I didn't know how to quilt when I started this job either, and look at me know. OK, well, maybe I'll do better with knitting! So I don't sew so perfectly, I can collect fabric with the best of them. And since I'm still the Director of Quilt publications, there's still hope for the sewing, too.

I worked last night on my knitting skills. I ended up with several knotted blobs. These blobs started out well, but fell short of knitted excellence. I also have the patience of a 3-year-old sometimes, so this may take a little work. I think I got casting on down, but I need close supervision to be sure I'm on the right track. I used our I Can't Believe I'm Knitting DVD, and it's good. It just needs some close-ups of the basics. Before I moved to knitting, I'd like to have seen a close up of what my cast-on stitches should look like. Luckily, I work with the best. They'll have me straightened out in no time. Right?


Along those lines, I got this quote-of-the-day in e-mail today. It's pretty appropriate. I think I'll make it my new motto.

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which
difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

-- John Quincy Adams

No comments: