Monday, March 12, 2007

Help with my homework








So this weekend, I exercised muscles that hadn't gotten a good workout in...well, maybe forever. I am so graceful that I just trip up and down trails with the greatest of ease...and usually land with a thud. But I had a good time. I put the top down and drove to and around Pinnacle Mountain on Saturday and went over to the Old Mill in North Little Rock on Sunday (all before or after some good ol' baseball).

Now, which of these shots should I turn in for homework? The assignment was to turn in a Sharp, well-exposed, well-composed shots. Some of the composition rules include:
the rule of thirds (divide the shot up like a tic-tac-toe game with elements hitting at the intersections)
leading lines (strong directional line in shot)
framing
line of sight (see what the subject of shot sees)

Keep subject off center, horizon level, get it in or get it out, keep subjects moving into the frame...all followed by a "usually".
The first pictures are taken at Pinnacle Mountain...base trail and overlook. So far, the first shot i my favorite...movement and framing are good and I think there's a little more interest in this shot than the others. Shots 2 and 3 seem to be pretty good examples of the rule of thirds. I'm not sure about the reflection of the sun on the water, though. The fourth shot is an example of leading lines...the path and the water point to the same direction.






No comments: