Friday, March 16, 2007

Some joy for Friday

It's been a tough week with work and phone calls tracking my grandmother's progress and trips to Batesville (founded 1812, Arkansas' second oldest city, go to Bald Knot and turn left) and insults and injuries and all the other stuff of life. Here are some things that I'm really enjoying anyway.

1. Convertible + convertible weather = instant therapy.
2. Proper music for convertible driving + convertible + convertible weather = a worship opportunity.
When I put the top down and turn on my CD player, U2 begins to play. I love the music and the sometimes-message from U2. The first song that plays..."It's a Beautiful Day." My other favorite songs..."Walk On" and "Window in the Skies".

It's a Beautiful Day

See the world in green and blue
See China right in front of you
See the canyons broken by cloud
See the tuna fleets clearing the sea out
See the bedouin fires at night
See the oil fields at first light
See the bird with a leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out
It was a beautiful day
A beautiful day
Don’t let it get away

Touch me, take me to that other place
Reach me, I know Iím not a hopeless case

What you don’t have you don’t need it now
What you don’t know you can feel it somehow
What you don’t have you don’t need it now
You don’t need it now, you don’t need it now
Beautiful day

Walk On

You're packing a suitcase for a place none of us has been
A place that has to be believed to be seen
You could have flown away
A singing bird in an open cage
Who will only fly, only fly for freedom

Walk on, walk on
What you got they can't deny it
Can't sell it or buy it
Walk on, walk on
Stay safe tonight

And I know it aches
And your heart it breaks
And you can only take so much
Walk on, walk on

Home...hard to know what it is if you never had one
Home...I can't say where it is but I know I'm going home
That's where the heart is


3. Cute Overload-a 2-minute break to regain sanity
4. Funny dogs-also related to #3. Here's a shot of my funny dog.
5. Funny friends-there is nothing that doesn't get better after you laugh at it. Thank goodness I have friends I can tell stories to and they laugh. They either laugh with me or at me, but at least we're all laughing.
6. Chocolate chip cookies... I haven't had any in a while...but I remember.
7. 100 Calorie packs...since I can't have chocolate chip cookies, my current comfort food is the 100 cal pack of Baked Cheetos. Instant happy feeling.

Since 8, 9, and 10 are all food related (and zero exercise will make the list), you can fill in the blanks. I'd love to hear what makes you happy for a minute, an hour, a day, so leave me a comment if you have any ideas.

No comments: