Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Shopping on Grafton Street




Once we made it into Dublin, Jean and I had some good shopping time. Previously, we'd been too busy to shop because we were...working. Can you imagine? Although I did manage to run through Avoca and purchase 2 scarves in record time. I can do anything if I want to badly enough.

Shopping on Grafton Street was really the first day we ran into any rain. We hid out in an alley to wait it out. Then we continued on our merry way. I actually did more damage on the second day we were at Grafton Street...when we had to carry it all the way back to the hotel...against a strong headwind. We walked by the house where Bram Stoker (of Dracula fame) lived. I have a picture of the plaque to prove it. Somewhere.

In this same area, we took an inventive shot of a quilt on a phone booth. To my fellow travelers, I haven't posted any shots of any quilts. Believe me, I'm holding on to the best stuff to show in a book or something. There's a very nice park in that area, too, which I should definitely research. While we were there, I just enjoyed the flowers and the benches.

No comments: