Sunday, September 16, 2007

Knit Unto Others


I had a big Saturday this weekend. The weather was P-E-R-F-E-C-T for a road trip so I drove down to Arkadelphia to visit my old college campus, to see a new yarn store that just opened up, and to do a little light hiking. I stopped at OBU first (and you'll get to see a kazillion of those photos, too), and then I drove over to Knit Unto Others. It's a new shop, just open a month, and the yarns there are unique...lots of "other" fibers...corn, bamboo, soy, alpaca from Peru (and anyone who knows me knows that Peruvian stuff gets my attention quick. Although I never really met an alpaca. I did see a Peruvian sheep shearing...that's another story.) Anyway, I had a nice conversation with the owner (friendly staff, we know how much I like that) and made some purchases. I like the emphasis on unique fibers and charitable knitting. They are right now accepting hats for the Children's Hospital Knitting for Noggins campaign (more on that coming, save the date October 14). And so now, I have to make a hat. And I had to buy something great. I'm an excellent supporter of my local (or not-so in this case) yarn store. So here are my purchases...


And if you're knot into knitting (get it?), she also carries cross stitch and needlepoint canvases.

No comments: