Wednesday, November 07, 2007

How much damage can 1 hour do?


So...there I was, I had a little time before I had to be in the booth on Friday. I worked it all day Thursday so I was pretty well primed to spend on Friday morning. And so I did. First, I got over to the show about 9:00...thanks to my "exhibitor" status, I got in before the public did so I ran through the quilts first. More on that later. Then I headed over to aisle 100. And in less than 30 minutes, I spent some money...in 2 booths. I visited the Block Party booth. They're the ones who do the printed panels with verses or quotes or things like that. I usually buy whatever's new at Paducah...which I missed this year. So now I'm caught up with an Irish Blessing panel thrown in for good measure. Then I went over to The Silver Needle booth and bought some cross stitch stuff. I know! I couldn't believe it either. Do you know how long it's been since I cross stitched something? Me, either! But they have nice stuff (although the staff...well) and I got some cool samplters. And then I went back later and bought a big one. Big price tag, that is. Still...not too much damage yet.

Then I found Cynthia England and bought some of her kits. I like the picture piecing thing that she does and I've managed to successfully complete 3. Ahem, now I have 3 more to do.(The first clue about my lack of self control.) Then I hit Sowing Sisters and threw all good judgement out the window. I bought not 1 but 2 fabric packs. Amy Butler and Joel Dewberry. Why? I am not sewing anything right now and you can't knit these. But I had to have them. This is the picture of the damage I did in 1 hour. Then I put myself back on the bus because there was no room for this much carnage in our booth closet. So I was back to the show by 1:00 after a little long tour of the downtown area.

And...well, I did more shopping later. I did some more damage in the moments I stole from the booth late Saturday and Sunday afternoon. I'll post those tomorrow.

So now I have to figure out how to get my sewing machine set up again. I've got to sew. Now. Right?

No comments: