Monday, December 03, 2007

The beginning...


You know what you call this?
2 Words...
Fudge. Victory.
Or that's what I call it (or if you'd rather be more specific, 4 words: Peanut. Butter. Fudge. Victory.)

If you were with me last year around this time for the epic Candy-Cooking Battle of '06 then you know what I mean. If you weren't, that's probably a good thing. I managed to make this fudge this weekend (see disclaimer below)...nearly reaching the critical soft ball stage with zero help (this isn't quite as firm as real fudge should be but the fact that I can't literally pour it down the disposal counts for something in my book). I know which pot to use know and I know that just when I think it's all about to boil over, wait another minute or 2 and then pull it off. No candy thermometer needed after all. I had big plans for other candy cooking but I felt that might be pushing my luck in an unwise manner. And I had a million other things to try to get done. I think I managed 4 of them, but they were fairly important. As peanut butter fudge is critical to the success of the Johnson family Christmas extravaganza at my house in approximately 3 weeks, I felt I should get an early start on the practice. Now what do I do with this?

Disclaimer: No pot holders were harmed in the making of this peanut butter fudge.

No comments: