Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Favorite Songs

One of the best parts about Christmas is the music. I listen to Christian music all the time but there's something about Christmas time and the music. I have to have a good ol' cry at least once a day. My favorite song is "Do You Hear What I Hear?" because I like that the king says "Listen to what I say." Of course, the king says some other good things...pray for peace, that child is going to bring us goodness and light. It's a good song.
This is Third Day singing it.


My favorite for this year is "At First Light" but I can't find the version by Todd Agnew that's playing on the radio now with a handy-dandy video...so we're going to go with a different version by Glad (these dudes definitely have faces made for radio...in 1984...so you may or may not want to actually watch the video but you can find just about anything you want over at the YouTube). And it's so not the same. The radio version is just cooler and then...it picks up "Do You Hear What I Hear?" at my favorite part...listen to what I say! Still, this is a beautiful song and I love the idea that the celebration is going to be so much more when Christ returns. Since I ordered the CD with the version that I like, maybe I just oughta see about building my own video...maybe not.

No comments: