Thursday, December 20, 2007

God with us

Matthew 1
21She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."
22All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 23"The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"—which means, "God with us."


And I do this...I get on a Christian music/YouTube kick and fall back on the easy post. Still, I can't really help it that some words trigger songs and then I just have to find that song! This is one of those times. Jesus meaning "the Lord saves" and "God with us"...it just brings a couple (of hundred) songs to mind. The one I picked is called "God with Us" and it's by MercyMe (the same guys responsible for "I Can Only Imagine" which has been recorded in just about every form of music possible. Maybe not polka.) This one asks the question, "who are we that you would be mindful of us?" Thanks for today's post, YouTube.

No comments: