Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas Eve

Blogging is a wonderful thing. Instead of doing any of the stuff I should be doing, I decided to show some pictures. If you've been with me, you'll recognize the place. It's the Saline County Courthouse and the photos are of the Christmas lights. I tried this last year but I thought the new camera might make a difference. And it probably would have if the wind hadn't been blowing so hard...night photography, wide aperture, slow shutter...blur if the camera moves or the subject moves. That's what I'm going to blame it on anyway. So here they are...
The flags blowing in the wind...



I thought this was a pretty shot of the trees and the North Pole gazebo...



And is here is where I fell...I think I was doing the "quilt show" walk where I had my head rubbernecked to the side to see the lights while I walked forward. And I tripped, probably over my own 2 feet as there were no rolling bags around. Rudolph looks a little judgemental, doesn't he? I'll never be able to look him in the eye again.




But this is my favorite shot of all. Can you believe how the moon looks? I took more pictures of the clouds and the moon than the lights.

No comments: