Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Persistence conquers Good Judgement

That's my whole Christmas experience. I just keep on trying even when my better judgement says...nah, let somebody else try it! Christmas morning as I was huffing and puffing and cleaning for all I'm worth, I was really wishing someone else was having our Christmas extravaganza. Now that it's over, I've decided I need a little excitement/extra pressure to make things exciting. Recap of the day...
1. Turkey success again. I went the old-fashioned way and just got a regular old "fresh" turkey, de-gibleted it while working on my gag reflex, slathered in oil and threw it in the oven...and watched it nervously until someone else got there to tell me to take it out. It's my system. It works. I didn't eat any of it. If I can figure out a way to go vegetarian, I might. Someone kindly left the wishbone on my sink and eventually I'm going to go over and throw it away.
Also peeled many potatoes and chopped fruit and kept all fingers.
2. 4 words: Total. Fudge. Victory. Again. Fudge does not get any better than this. It is perfection. And others agreed with me. And my face (and other parts of my body) reflect the other candy success I had.
3. My dog was at once both the hit of the party and traumatized by the action. She's been sleeping since the last person left. I sort of understand the feeling.
4. I still think a Christmas holiday in Hawaii might be the best choice.

1 comment:

JustCindy said...

Glad your Christmas was a great success. I'm with your dog, naps follow Christmas.