Wednesday, March 05, 2008

My 7 Things


I've been tagged by my friend Pat Sloan to tell you 7 things about me that you don't know. As I have demonstrated by telling you about breaking into my own house through the dog door, there is almost nothing that I won't tell to get a blog post. This will be a challenge. Here are the rules

1. When tagged, place the name of the person and URL on your blog.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write 7 things about yourself.
4. Name 7 of your favorite bloggers.
5. Send e-mail letting those bloggers know they have been tagged.

So here we go...
1. When I was a young person, I played softball. I loved practicing but I hated playing the games (too much pressure with the score-keeping and all). My athletic career was tragically cut short. I could catch well, hit well (hand-eye coordination courtesy of Ms. Pac Man and Mario), but unfortunately run like a turtle in molasses. Coaches frown on that. Now I just yell from the stands.
2. Pat mentioned her attraction for tatoos. I find myself oddly engrossed in Miami Ink when it comes on and fully believe I need a meaningful piece of artwork as well. And as soon as they find another way to do that, one that requires no needles or blood, I'm totally there. And I already know not to ask for a fairy, rose, or butterfly. Tatoo dudes kinda frown at that.
3. I was a joiner even in high school. Extend the invitation and I am so there. So I have many, many pictures of my face among the crowd: Beta Club, Spanish Club, Future Business Leaders, Future Homemakers (hmmm, a contrast?), Christians in Action, a booster club, National Honor Society...if I was invited, I joined. I am a geek. I'm Ok with that now. My crowning achievement: voted Most Intelligent (little did they know, right?). I had no idea how little yearbooks mean in the real world.
4. I mentioned Ms. Pac Man and Mario already. Another dirty secret...all you have to do is wave a game at me and I'm addicted. The last system that I actually bought was a Play Station, but I'm thinking about how much I need a Wii or Xbox. And I have no idea when I would play it. I just know that I need to play Guitar Hero. My mother was a total Ms. Pac Man fan so I think it's genetic.
5. I have written a book, apparently for my own enjoyment. It went nowhere. Maybe someday I'll try again. And I might actually show it to someone. Now I blog.
6. I can wiggle both my right ear and my nose (I'm stretching here).
7. When I celebrated my 21st birthday, I was in college in the metropolis that is Arkadelphia, Arkansas, going to a Baptist university. We had just finished up either rush or pledging (to me they were about the same) for my "women's social club" and we decided to go out. Hijinks ensued on the campus and then we decided that midnight at the end of January was the perfect time to go for a hike in the woods to see the Gurdon light, one of those ghosty, mysterious stories that college students tell each other. We're walking down train tracks and everyone is telling their version of the ghost story. I don't like dark. I don't particularly like woods. And I really don't like ghost stories. Roll them all together and I am CREEPED OUT. With a capital CREEP and another capital OUT. Luckily, I was silent and another girl was not, so I pretended to sacrifice my joy in the journey to go back with her. I 'm a good friend that way.

So there, 7 things. When you tell everything you know, it's hard to find something new. I could have included being a rule breaker because I knew that I wouldn't be able to come up with 7 bloggers to tag. I'm actually OK with that. I break e-mail chains too. I like to live life on the edge.

My blogging friends:
Pat Sloan's
Mundane Jane
Lazy Girl
Suzy Q/Debra
Natural State Knitter/Kay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahhhhhhhhhh... our deep dark secrets.. LOL!!

First we have to find interchangeable tattoos...as I get VERY bored

Second I want to read your book!!!!