Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Mariah Carey? Really?

Have we been through all the possible singer/songwriters out there in the world that would come before Mariah Carey? If you don't watch American Idol (what is wrong with you?), last night was Mariah Carey night. So far this season, I've suffered through not one but two Beatles nights and enjoyed more than I thought I would a Dolly Parton night. And I'll even continue watching without Michael Johns although I will be sad that he is not there. But I have to draw the line at Mariah Carey. Normally, I watch the performances and think about fast-forwarding through the judges' comments. They really don't change much anyway. Last night, the judges were my highlights.

Last night, I sat down with my remote, happily aniticipating my American Idol/Hell's Kitchen extravaganza...to be confronted with Mariah Carey and her...self. I have this anti-Mariah, Whitney, Celine thing...just because you can hit those notes does not mean you should. Over and over. On the plus side, I did enjoy the cover versions of her songs much more than when she sings them (especially by my favorite word nerd David Cook. I don't care if he's arrogant. I seem to really like arrogant. I don't like chef shows but I Heart Hell's Kitchen and Chef Ramsay. Really, inside, I'm such a screaming girlie fan-type.)
So...in summation...I'm not watching the results show. Somebody tell me what happens, 'k? Maybe they can do something even cooler next week like Vanilla Ice week (still, I would prefer over Mariah Carey.)

And how cool is this? I just discovered you can find the performances on You Tube. I don't have to destroy my DVR if it ever lets me down again. I love that place!

No comments: