Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Bathing Beauty






Warning: weird dog mom post again but you knew they were coming, right? These are the Darcy pictures. I like the first one...it sorta looks like she leaves magic sparkles in her wake. The third one shows how she swims...the middle of her back never gets wet but she ducks her head under over and over. She's not really a distance swimmer. And believe me, if none of these strikes your fancy, I have more. This is the first time in her life she's been unleashed...it was the perfect place, bounded by the lake on one side and a very steep hill on the other. She kept peeking over the edge of the dock and over the edge of that grass (bounded by the rock wall and then a drop into the lake) like she wanted to jump. She's never jumped off a dock in her life. And I have a very strict no-swimming-in-water-that-looks-like-it-might-have-fish-in-it for myself so I really wasn't looking forward to jumping in to save her. I managed to convince her to go down the boat ramp instead, but it was close a couple of times.

And then, because there are clearly fish in that water, she smelled like wet dog/fish water for mostly the whole time we were there. But that's OK. It was worth it to see her Bo Derek impersonation. Someone asked if we had a good time, and I said that we both came back with a limp so we must have had a good time! It was a lot of swimming, jumping, hiking for two old dogs like us but we kept going.

No comments: