Friday, June 12, 2009

Remember?


As I was goofing off last night instead of doing any one of the several things I really should have done (clean, knit, write, stop eating and watching YouTube videos), I ran across this video of poet Billy Collins reading his poem "The Lanyard" and I was reminded again how much I like poetry, particularly poetry like this. And I remembered working with a group of writers in college on the "literary" magazine and how much fun it was. If you think you don't like poetry, try this one.

And for everyone that I've tried to describe the effect of the delivery of the keynote speaker, this won't do it either because it was more powerful in person, but...just in case you wanted to hear a little. If you think you do like poetry and you like it old school, try this one.

And picture this guy, Dr. Layne Longfellow, reading.

Happy Friday!

No comments: