Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My desk is looking pretty soft and cozy right about now

What does it mean that I automatically assess every place and time as to its nap-worthiness?

Standing and waiting for friends in the Hot Springs Convention Center...on the way IN to the quilt show...I gauge the lack of soft surfaces mixed with the perfect sleeping temperature and wonder if Mary will let me rest my head on her shoulder.

Making the loooong walk around to get ice for a rousing water drink at 10:30 in the morning at work, I register to low levels of both noise and light in the hallway and think "It's really too bad I can't rest here for a moment."

But I don't nap at home. Apparently, I do not have optimum napping levels of space, sound, temperature and time there.

Maybe this is just one more case of wanting what I can't have.

No comments: