Monday, July 20, 2009

People. What're you gonna do?


I did make it to the Harry Potter movie Friday afternoon. I know you were concerned. The horde level was manageable and I was really looking forward to seeing it since it's taken so long to come out and all the reviews have been great that I've heard/read.

And it was good. I wouldn't call it the best one yet, but it's OK for other people to say that. I was really more bothered by what was missing than what was there and it was already a lovely 2 1/2 hours of movie. Still, I think 10 more minutes at the end would have been good. And that's all I have to say about that. I guess we'll see how much I want to see it all. I read about the Deathly Hallows being split into Part 1 and Part 2, released in 2010 and 2011. That may be too much for me to stand, but maybe we'll get to see it all...even the parts that won't make as much sense because they didn't show up in this movie? I don't know.

Still, I learned something very important. Some people shouldn't be allowed in public. I might be one of them. I was all happy, toodling into to the theater 20 minutes early. There were plenty of seats to choose from so I picked a row that had 3 people sitting on it. In the entire row...3 people, right in the center. I'm walking down the row, still a good 7 or 8 empty seats away from this "older" lady who looks right at me and says, "This seat (the one she was hanging on to for dear life) is saved." Yeah, I sorta picked up on that...all on my own. I think I actually snorted as I plopped myself down and looked at her over the sea of empty seats between us. And then I might have snorted every. single. time. she had to walk in front of me to go to the bathroom. Before the show started.

And then there was the man who shouted "Loser" several times when David Cook came on to ask us to turn our cell phones off. Really? Loser? I think he actually won American Idol. I mean, he won American Idol. They play his songs on the radio and stuff. And this guy is sitting in a Harry Potter movie on Friday afternoon and thinks he's got enough going on to call the guy on the movie screen a loser. In fact, his opinion on the matter is important enough to share with a theater filled with other people. Really? Has the world gone mad?? And then I went to Wal-Mart on the way home where I nearly killed 4 shoppers who darted out in front of my buggy while they talked on the cell phone. Hang up and drive, sure. Now do shopping carts need bumper stickers that say "Shut up and walk"?

This is why I don't leave the house. If only they wouldn't keep putting good things outside the house, I would stay there.

No comments: