Monday, October 05, 2009

Leaving on a jet plane

I managed to do two things this weekend:
1. I began the uphill battle of cleaning my house in order to leave town for Quilt Market. I'll have unattended visitors inside it while I am not there to enforce the #1 rule of my house: if the door's closed, don't open it. And also important: if you drop it on the floor, throw it away...the 5 second rule doesn't apply around here.

When I'm away, I have visitors to check on my very own precious. They wake her up, feed her copious amounts of Milkbones, pet her, brush her, take better care of her than I do, and then leave her to repeat the whole process a few hours later. It's a good set-up and it's about the only way I can stand to leave her alone. It takes a lot of work to get the house looking like it should look all the time just for the occasion but it's worth it.

2. Purchased, cooked, and celebrated birthday food and boys (3 of 'em) with my family. October is a big month, credit required.

Also, I managed to watch a little bit of Lost (I'm up to Season 4 now). Things I didn't get done: any of the other hundreds of items I'd like to have done before I leave (make some birthday gifts, buy real groceries, do a little laundry and pack some bags, get my hair addressed or lose 1000 pounds). Still, I looked at my book pile and I think I'm going to be OK. Thanks to Lost, I'm reconsidering packing my bag for an extended stay: it would require more books and possibly some granola bars. And Diet Coke. And Darcy. What do you think? Should I increase my baggage?

And why the picture? A. I needed one. And B. this blog is nothing if not educational. So there. Plus, I thought it was funny that the description of the fuselage says it "holds things together." I don't know why I find it funny. I just do.

No comments: