Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Keeping my hands busy is important. Soft is also good.


So, I think it's done. And if I decide not to give it, I'm just going to keep it and cuddle it because this is the softest (and very expensive as well) yarn I ever loved. I had two balls form an ill-advised trip to the local yarn store in the early days when knitting was new and money was no object. I went through my stash on this long weekend and found it all over again. This was a "GI Joe" and "Angels and Demons" and three more hours at the car dealership today to finish. The poor gentleman who came to tell me that the reason I am still having the problems that I sat there for three hours last week to correct is because one of the relays was installed upside down (har, har, you didn't put those in yourself did you? har, har) didn't notice the sharp sticks in my hands until it was nearly too late for him.  I managed to avoid poking him with them because this is very, very nice yarn. I think if I had been a man wearing a suit and tie and clacking away on a laptop, he might have had a different tone. Or maybe camo and a deer camp beard. Sigh of digust here.

And the nonknitter/expert there said I'd have to knit it in my sleep to finish before Christmas. Ha! Of course, she might not have known that this is all the yarn I have. I wanted to make a mobius but all the instructions I found just said to cast on this many stitches and twist to make it a mobius. I have no idea what that means, so I made a straight scarf, and sewed the ends together with a twist. It's very, very soft. Very.

1 comment:

JustCindy said...

I think anyone would wear the scarf. Since I don't knit but I do crochet I will be looking for a pattern similar to this.