Friday, September 10, 2010

Word of the day


ec·lec·tic Adjective  
 /iˈklektik/
Deriving ideas, style, or taste from a broad and diverse range of sources
-her musical tastes are eclectic

Someone told me yesterday that my movie choices were eclectic. I see that. And you could say that also about my music choices. And my reading materials. And my favorite color. And things I'm interested in. And probably most anything else that can be eclectic. 


I was interested in what that means other than "you are interested in watching movies that I never would have guessed you would be and I certainly wouldn't have put that group together what were you thinking when you paid your dollar to rent that". I think that's what she meant.


Thesaurus.com lists these synonyms. In the future, please call me either dilettantish or multifarious. Then I sound really smart as well as interested in many unexpected things as long as they are popular in nature and not really requiring serious, deep thought. Avoid calling me many-sided please.




all-embracing, assortedbroadcatholic,
dilettantish, diversediversified, 
heterogeneous,inclusiveliberal
many-sided, mingled, mixed,
multifariousmultiform, selective
universal,variedwide-ranging


No comments: