Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Day 1, Rockefeller Center

So at this point I'm back on the ground from the top of the world at the Empire State Building. And I have to make it back to Times Square. Looking at the map, I decide...I have to walk back anyway. I might as well try to get in a few more sights. If I walk down Fifth Avenue, then I pass the New York Public Library, St. Patrick's Cathedral, and then turn up past Rockefeller Center. Sure. I can do that. I just looked up how far that was...nearly a mile. So on Monday, on top of airports and such: a mile to the pier, a mile back, a mile from the Empire State Building, and another half mile back to the hotel. I think what I'm saying here is that I nearly walked my feet completely off on Monday. If I could have managed a total foot transplant, I could have kept going. The spirit was willing but the feets were weak. There was a lot of hobbling going on overnight...
The New York Public Library

As close as I made it to St. Patrick's Cathedral
NYC at night

Rockefeller Center

No comments: