Sunday, September 04, 2011

Progress: 30 second Stay and a quick Down

So here's the promised video. You might want to turn down the sound. I added applause because I apparently have too much time on my hands and one too many apps on my iPhone. (And I definitely need some help from a sound guy. The first part is too low and the second is too loud. It's OK. I know. Just turn down the sound this time. I'll improve the next one. Maybe.) This was after a very long walk around Mills Park, now to be renamed Jack's Park. He successfully marked every 4 feet of the path on both sides. As it had been a whole 7 days since he'd last done so, I think the place is now secure. I spent more time watching him stare off into the dark trees that actually moving at anything above a snail's pace. He's very curious. He is not very fast. I got brave and tried him with just a collar. He did pretty well. When I put the 20 foot lead on his leash and worked on recalls, he started weirding out so we had to call that the end, but he answered and came back to me every time. He's definitely getting better.

No comments: