Monday, November 14, 2011

Not as easy as it looks

Every November there's a national writing party called NaNoWriMo. The goal: write 50,000 words in a month. They don't have to be good words or arranged in a particularly pleasing manner but thinking of 50,000 words and typing them all together in one place is tougher than it sounds.

That works out to an average of 1,667 words a day. I am currently around 20,000 words behind, but after my flash of near-success last week, I had an IDEA. If I'm doing the math correctly, I now need to write somewhere around 2800 words to make the goal. I managed to win NaNoWriMo last year with some challenges going on. I might be able to do it again (said with a question mark in my voice).

This story features Jack Johnson prominently. Apparently I am a big believer in writing what I know.

No comments: