Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Quilt Market 2011: a few quilts

Quilt Market is a crammed full of things to do, mostly of the meeting variety, and seeing the quilts exhibited gets leftover time and not very much of that. This year we were set to fly out on Monday at 1:00, so I trooped/rode the bus over to take some quick snaps of our designers and then ran through the quilts with one eye on my watch and the other peeled for things I liked. It's a wonder I didn't steamroll a quilt angel accidentally.

Here are a few of the quilts I stopped for:

 Salvaged Words by Jette Clover from Text on Textiles: Words as Design exhibit
Natsumi and Sumire by Hiroko Miy Ama in cotton fabrics, nylon tulle
 Memories of Gombe (portrait of Jane Goodall) by Mary Pal in hand-dyed cheesecloth, buckram, scrim, silk blend, and acrylic paint
Lucy by Judy Greenwood in cotton, ink, thread, and batting

No comments: