Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Class clown

Jack did it. By the hairs on his chin he passed his test last night. I am an overachiever. I understand this. Jack is just caught up in my wake. I got there very early to practice with Jack. He acted like a total nut, whimpering, whining, corrupting a beautiful dog who was on the longest stay with an absent owner. It was impressive. So was Jack. This is the way he works. I was the first one to take the test. This is how I work. Together we managed to make it through.

Chip, the show dog that went with us through the test, had some difficulties, so I was sweating the whole time. Jack has a hard time focusing under good circumstances. If another dog is acting up, he's so there.

I mentioned that having his picture made with Santa wasn't even the craziest dog-lady thing I'd done, right? Jack is now registered as Jumping Jack with the AKC. He had to be to get his Canine Good Citizen certification.

It's okay. I know. He's a dog.

But now he can become a therapy dog or a rally champion or an agility champion.
Or I can take him to doggie day care.
Either way, he'll be happy.

1 comment:

JustCindy said...

Congratulations to you and Jack!