Friday, May 22, 2009

Time for a change?

When you're the first and the only around here, you're a Big Deal. We have these signs up on the way into Arkansas reminding all visitors that we were the home of President Bill Clinton. A place called Hope also has signs, and Hot Springs, and we have this library downtown to remind everyone. Love him or hate him, he's a Big Deal around here. I never would have imagined an Arkansan in the White House, but it happened. And it could happen again. Maybe. I'm not sure what the signs would look like then.

Maybe we should change these out for Kris Allen signs now? What do you guys think? He's the first and the only American Idol. So far. There could be more, but now he's a Very Big Deal around here.

I was going to change the license plates too. Right now, they say "The Natural State" but wouldn't "The Kick Awesome Natural State" be better? And really, we'd never have to change those because the state is both kick awesome AND natural. And just be warned, "kick awesome" is now working its way into my vocabulary. I don't know why, but I'm sure I'll abuse it long past the time it should be used.

No more American Idol posts...I'm going to have to find something else to talk about too.

No comments: